Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I am comfortable with my grief!

I share my thoughts and feelings with you today with hopes that an understanding can be met. An understanding of grief felt by a mother, a wife, a friend, a fellow artisan.

Please know that I am okay...

When I share my thoughts just as when I create my ART; I heal just a little bit more.  I am Vonna, the same person in the same body as I was before my son died; I just have a different pair of shoes now, shoes that wouldn't fit you!  I pray you never have to wear my shoes!
I am comfortable with my grief ~ why aren't you?
You can talk to me, you can joke with me, you can be my friend.  I swear I won't bite you or get you sick.  You can mention Jonathan's name in front of me.  I may cry or I may not.  So what you may learn something new! I have emotions just like you and sometimes I just need to be heard, just like you. Please don't judge me. I would never judge you.

I am not afraid of me, so why are you afraid of me?

It's been four long hard years today since my son passed away.  Four years isn't that long as I have a lifetime to miss him.  I go to the park each year and light a candle in honor of my son.  Skateboarding is what Jonathan loved to do.  I go with good memories that fill my head with joy!

I share this video with you in hopes that Jon's friend does not mind, know that I shall be forever grateful to him for sharing this with me! What a treasure to be able to have. I shall go to the park and light a candle in his memory and shall pray for all the others

He's coming down the stairs in the video at .19 seconds in...

FwR minitage




"Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose." ~From the television show The Wonder Years

peace,
vonna

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Vonna. People are so often uncomfortable with other's emotions. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie I have been on a deserted island for the last few weeks and am just catching up to this. XOXOXO (((HUGS))) Beautifully put - to you and your beautiful memories this is an honor to your son. I heard a quote once I think applies " When you mention my childs name my heart sings with happiness."

    ReplyDelete
  3. "When you mention my child's name my heart sings with happiness" Thank you! I never heard this before.. I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vonna, sweet lady, this is my first visit to your blog. I'm sending you a virtual hug for you and your son. We carry their beautiful souls in our hearts forever, remembering, loving and missing. thanks for posting this. It's good information to share.
    I’m blog hopping and visiting all the bead soup participants. great to meet you.

    ♥ tejae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much tejae! Thank you for the virtual hug!
    It's nice to meet you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vonna, I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. I'm also in awe of you for being comfortable with your grief and talking about your loss in such an open way.

    I lost my father this summer after a long illness. He and I were never close, but I feel his absence every day. I believe that those we love are never truly gone as long as we remember them and share them with others, which is why I still love telling all the funny stories about my dad -- like the fact that I could only understand about half of the things he said in his Southern drawl, resulting in tons of misunderstandings!

    *Hugs.*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking the time to say such kind words, it is greatly appreciated. I am sorry for the loss of your father, I too know that grief! They aren't really gone... 'they are only a memory away!'

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an amazing post -- and wow, it seems like yesterday and forever since you told us of his passing -- do you know what I mean? I loved the video, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...